Chocolate Cake made with Willamette Raspberry Jam
Posted on Mon, Jul 19, 2021
I found this recipe when I was 12, looking through old recipe books, it is simple and delicious, an absolute family favourite.
Oven Temp 180 C, 23 cm spring tin
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 & 1/2 cups boiling water
- 185g butter
- 1 & 1/2 cups castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons Willamette Raspberry jam
- 3 eggs
- 2 & 1/4 cups of self raising flour
- Place the cocoa and boiling water into a bowl and mix to dissolve, set aside to cool.
- Cream the butter, sugar and jam
- Add the eggs one at a time, adding a little flour with each egg
- Fold in cooled cocoa mixture with the rest of the flour
- Bake in oven for approx 35mins or until cooked check with skewer, stand for 5 mins on a wire rack before releasing the spring.
Serve with fresh raspberries, stir through 1 tablespoon of Willamette Raspberry Jam through 1 cup of whipped cream. Frost with your favourite icing or dust with cocoa. Enjoy!!