Posted on Wed, Jan 04, 2017
- 2 eggs
- 60g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 50g butter, melted
- icing sugar to sprinkle
- Cunliffe & Waters Willamette Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 180°. Generously grease and flour a 12-hole madeleine tin.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence for 2-3 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is thick and pale and has increased in volume. Sift the flour on top and fold in gently with a large metal spoon. Gently stir in the melted butter until combined.
- Fill each hole in the prepared tin to three-quarters full. Bake 7-10 minutes until risen, golden and firm to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.
- Carefully cut a slit in each madeleine and fill with Willamette Raspberry Jam. Sprinkle lightly with icing sugar while still warm and eat within a couple of hours within baking.