Slow Cooked Lamb Kasoundi
Posted on Wed, Jan 04, 2017
This mild but very aromatic Indian style curry will undoubtedly become one of your firm favourites. It is so simple to prepare (as we have very kindly done most of the work for you) and yet it has the most wonderful depth of flavour. If you start cooking it the night before it will be even tastier.
- 1kg diced lamb shoulder (or similar cut)
- 1 large leek, finely sliced
- 1 jar Cunliffe & Waters Tomato Kasoundi
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- a little flour, salt and pepper
- Toss the lamb in seasoned flour.
- Sautee the leek in a good splash of vegetable oil (olive is fine) in a heavy based pot on a medium-low heat until it softens, but does not start to change colour.
- Turn up the heat and add the lamb. Stir continuously until browned.
- Add the jar of Cunliffe & Waters Tomato Kasoundi, 250ml water and the tin of tomatoes.
- Simmer on a low heat with the lid on for 2 hours - checking occasionally to see if more liquid is required.
- Season and serve with basmati rice, Cunliffe & Waters Lime and Date Chutney, cucumber raita and naan bread. You will be very popular indeed!